Saturday, February 18, 2012

Grammy & Grampy's Visit

So, the kids had one of their best Xmas vacations ever. We were supposed to spend a week at Newport, OR, with my family. But I had to go in to the hospital for lung surgery. So, plans changed, and Grammy (Barb), Grampy (Martin, Margee's dad) and Becky (Barbs oldest daughter) came to town to take care of the kids, while I was in the hospital. This allowed Curt to hang with me, rather than trying to juggle taking care of the kiddos, and taking care of me.

The kids went sledding, swimming, climbing, to movies, and had a great time. The day of the surgery, Margee's college friend, April, and her family took Gramps and the kids out for pictures with Santa, to check out the gingerbread houses, and for lunch. The kids had a great time! This was a great distraction for all, while I was in surgery. Thanks to everyone for helping the Chambers family out over the Xmas holiday!


Claire (4th grade), Corrine (1st grade), Kyra, Matthew (1st grade)



Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of Barb and Becky. Becky left before I was released from the hospital. Barb was around for a few more days, when I returned home, but I was so sick I wasn't taking photos. And, I'm the person in charge of the camera in our family.

Dad stayed for several more weeks to help me out around the house. The kids loved having Grampy over.


They made a gingerbread house.


Ginger had a lap to snuggle on while Gramps read.

This is the way you saw them on most late mornings or late afternoons.

Kyra had fun playing - pretending she was a baby.

I'm soooooo cute.

Gramps got to see Matt play hockey!


Picture time!

No comments:

Post a Comment